Contact details



There seems to be a continuing issue with the 'Comment' feature on the site, so if you do wish to get in touch, you can always make contact via e-mail to greatwarworkshops@gmail.com

Wednesday 1 May 2019

Thursday 1st May 1919


2Lt. Fred Swale (see 27th February), serving with 9th West Yorks., was promoted Lieutenant.
Lt. Fred Swale with his wife
Image by kind permission of Joan Rigg and family

L.Cpl. Robert Holdsworth (see 1st June 1917) was formally transferred to the Army Reserve Class Z.
Pte. Robert Henry Arnold MM (see 19th March) wrote, from his home at Rathduff House, Golden, Cashel, County Tipperary, to the Infantry Records Office in York, “I am writing to find out if I can get the Military Medal, the ribbon of which I received whilst on active service in Italy. I was awarded the medal for service rendered in a bombing raid which took place on the night of 25th and 26th of June 1918. My regimental number is 29563 and my regiment 9 Platoon, C Company, 10th West Riding Regiment. I have been demobilized about two months. So will you inform me at earliest possible date if I could get the medal as I am now residing in Ireland”.

A payment of £11 18s. 2d. was authorised, being the amount due in pay and allowances to the late Cpl. Thomas Lloyd (see 11th October 1918), who had been killed in action in October 1918 while serving in France with 1st/7th DWR; the payment would be divided between his adoptive mother, Mrs. Marian Bottomley, who received £6 8s. 2d., and his brother, Charles, who received £5.

No comments:

Post a Comment