Contact details



There seems to be a continuing issue with the 'Comment' feature on the site, so if you do wish to get in touch, you can always make contact via e-mail to greatwarworkshops@gmail.com

Sunday 24 August 2014

Tuesday 25th August 1914

Robert Ingram wrote to the War Office to provide them with some additional information regarding his application for a commission and also to remind that he had the support of a key figure in the Liberal government.

"Dear Sir,

Last Monday week, the 17th inst., I applied for a temporary commission through Major Treeby, O.C., Kingston Depot. With my application I forgot to forward my O.T.C. discharge papers, thereby giving the impression that I had no training at all. From the enclosed record of service and qualifications you will see that I have had five years training with the Harrow School contingent O.T.C. and that I rose to the rank of Corporal therein. I hope this may improve my chances for a commission. I understand that Mr. Percy Illingworth, the Chief Government Whip, has written to the War Office on my behalf.

Yours faithfully 

Robert S. S. Ingram"
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. just found the blog really interesting look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete