Contact details



There seems to be a continuing issue with the 'Comment' feature on the site, so if you do wish to get in touch, you can always make contact via e-mail to greatwarworkshops@gmail.com

Thursday 28 May 2020

Saturday 29th May 1920


In reply to recent confirmation from the War Office that he was to be regarded as having ‘relinquished his commission on grounds of ill-health caused by wounds’, Maj. Robert Harwar Gill DSO (see 26th May) again wrote, “I am under the impression that a wounded officer in hospital cannot be gazetted as relinquishing his commission until discharged from hospital. As I was expected to return to Millbank Hospital on 28th and probably to undergo one or two more operations, I am not discharged and should, I think, be entitled to my rank and pay until such time as I am’. A note which would be made on Maj. Gill’s records at the War Office on 5th June would confirm that the appeal was to be rejected and that the War Office decision would stand; this was to be communicated to Maj. Gill (details unknown).
Maj. Robert Harwar Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment