Contact details



There seems to be a continuing issue with the 'Comment' feature on the site, so if you do wish to get in touch, you can always make contact via e-mail to greatwarworkshops@gmail.com

Sunday 7 April 2019

Tuesday 8th April 1919


Ptes. Walter Clarke (see 18th February), John William Kirby (see 18th February) and Alfred Whittaker (see 25th February), serving with 8th Yorks. and Lancs. at Fiume, were admitted to hospital (details unknown).
A/Sgt. Abel Roberts DCM (see 4th March) and L.Cpls. Roderick Harmer (see 4th March) and Jesse Merritt (see 4th March) were officially transferred to the Army Reserve Class Z.
Pte. Robert Baldwin (see 10th June 1918), who had been serving with 3DWR at North Shields, was officially transferred to the Army Reserve Class Z.

Sgt. Edward Isger (see 18th December 1918), who had been in England since having been wounded in October 1918, was formally discharged from the Army as no longer physically fit for service on account of his wounds; he assessed as having suffered a 30% disability and was awarded the Silver War Badge and an Army pension of 14s. per week.
2Lt. Conrad Anderson (see 15th January) wrote to the War Office, 
“I herewith beg to submit a claim for either a disability pension or gratuity in respect of damage suffered to my health whilst serving as a Second Lieutenant in the 10th Duke of Wellington’s Regiment. Whilst on active service with the BEF in France I contracted influenza and pneumonia and have since suffered from chronic lung weakness, rheumatism and general weakness. My health is still considerably undermined as a result of this illness which has prevented me continuously following my civilian employment. 
Should I have failed to make a claim on the necessary army form I beg to point out that the same was done under quite a misapprehension. In justification of this claim I would beg to point out that the day previous to my demobilization on the 15th January last I had a Medical Board at Tynemouth and was placed in CII medical category. On that evidence alone I feel sure you will appreciate the genuineness of this application.
Kindly give this your attention please and I shall be happy to furnish you with any particulars required”.


No comments:

Post a Comment