Contact details



There seems to be a continuing issue with the 'Comment' feature on the site, so if you do wish to get in touch, you can always make contact via e-mail to greatwarworkshops@gmail.com

Friday 5 June 2020

Sunday 6th June 1920


Lt.Col. Francis Washington Lethbridge DSO (see 19th May) replied to the War Office following a recent enquiry regarding 2Lt. Percival Victor Thomas (see 1st March 1919), “I have the honour to report that Second Lieutenant Thomas gave me satisfaction in the performance of his duties so far as his health permitted and I think he should be promoted so as to be entitled to keep the rank of Lieutenant on demobilisation. I consider it my duty, however, to state that this officer’s health was so bad that I considered him unfit for combatant duty”.

No comments:

Post a Comment