Contact details



There seems to be a continuing issue with the 'Comment' feature on the site, so if you do wish to get in touch, you can always make contact via e-mail to greatwarworkshops@gmail.com

Saturday 18 March 2017

Sunday 18th March 1917

Eperlecques

The Spring weather continued and the Battalion remained in billets, preparing for the forthcoming move.

In a letter home to his wife Brig Genl. Lambert (see 1st March) asked her to make arrangements to send a photograph to Lt. William Andrew Leo Kerridge (see 4th January), who had been back in England since being gassed in July 1916. “Did I ever ask you to send one of the photographs of our group taken after Contalmaison (with the trophies) to a Lt. Kerridge Esq., The Marine Boarding House, Ventnor, Isle of Wight? He wrote to ask for one and I told him I would have one sent. There are still some in a Kodak envelope in the top small drawer of my chest of drawers I think. He was my Brigade Bomb Officer but was gassed and will not be fit again for a long time. As a matter of fact he had some gastric complaint which has troubled him most”.
The photograph to be sent to Lt. Kerridge shows him standing second from right, with Brig. Genl. Lambert seated centre
Image by kind permission of Juliet Lambert

(I am greatly indebted to Juliet Lambert for her generosity in allowing me access to Brig. Genl. Lambert’s diary and letters).


No comments:

Post a Comment