Contact details



There seems to be a continuing issue with the 'Comment' feature on the site, so if you do wish to get in touch, you can always make contact via e-mail to greatwarworkshops@gmail.com

Monday 19 October 2020

Monday 18th October 1920

Percy Cole (see 1st October) wrote to the Infantry Record Office in York regarding his ‘Mons Star’ medal (actually a 1914-15 Star); “On July 17th I returned you my Mons Star for alteration. Kindly let me know when I may expect this returned to me. I drew your attention to this matter about two months ago and you replied that it had been sent away for alteration but that you would forward it to me in short time”. Having received a reply he would write again on 22nd October; “Your reply to my letter of 18th inst. to hand. Please let me know when the War Office letter was issued giving instructions that all alterations to Mons Star and other medals are to be done in bulk. It seems strange that after three months delay this is the only explanation you can give me”.

A review of the pension award made in the case of Frank Revell (see 17th March), who had been transferred to the Army Reserve Class Z in March 1919, resulted in his weekly pension being increased to 17s. per week.

The remains of the late Pte. Amos Oddy (see 11th November 1919), identified by his ID disc, were recovered from an unmarked grave near Inverness Copse, east of Ypres; he had been killed in action in September 1917.

No comments:

Post a Comment